Strategic Research Initiatives
The College of Natural Sciences Strategic Research Initiatives office works with teams of college faculty to identify, develop, acquire and manage multi-investigator center grants and institutional training grants from external funding agencies.
Strategic Research Initiatives also represents the college’s interests in cross-college and university-level matters related to research funding, such as managing limited-submission proposal processes, fostering cooperation in cross-college pursuits of major funding, and establishing policies for grant-related issues.
Strategic Research Initiatives is directed by Dr. Jennifer Lyon. For more information about how Strategic Research Initiatives can help you secure your next major center grant, please visit the links below or contact Jennifer to schedule a meeting at your convenience.
NSF CAREER Proposal Development Support
Deadlines for this year’s NSF CAREER proposals are July 21, 22 and 23 depending on academic discipline. Strategic Research Initiatives can provide a wide range of services to help you develop your CAREER proposal.
Check out the resource pages on Data Management and Ethics/Responsible Conduct of Research plans in the left sidebar, and contact us if you want more information on these or other proposal components (e.g., Postdoc Mentoring plans).
- Where to find ideas for outreach activities?
- Who else in the College has received a CAREER grant and might be willing to share their proposal?
- What’s allowed or not allowed in your budget?
- What you need to send to OSP?
Contact us for help!
- Limited Submission Calendar
- Active Funding Opportunities
- Search for Federal and Private Funding Opportunities (requires EID and password)
- Funding Opportunities for Graduate Students and Postdocs
- Funding Opportunities for Undergraduates
- Internal Funding
Proposal Development Resources
- Proposal Development Services
- Data Management Plan Resources
- Responsible Conduct of Research Resources
College Research Policies
- Limited Submission Protocol and FAQs
- Cost-Sharing and Matching Funds Requests
- Indirect Cost Return Policy
- Conflict-of-Interest Management Policy (external site)